Friday, September 03, 2004

GAME ON

60 days to go!

I thought Bush did a good job of giving his speech. I am sure that it is a very difficult thing to be President, and that Bush honestly does care about people. In fact, these last four years have been so traumatic for him [choking up, a tear appears...] I think he needs an extended vacation. Don't you?

I don't need to link to all the fact-checking that's going on, showing that Bush's speech was full of inaccuracies and omissions (the name "bin Laden" was mentioned exactly 0 times at the convention) but I will say this:

If you're running for re-election, and the bulk of your speech is talking about what you will do, you're in trouble.

"It's been a bumpy road, but we'll get through it together" won't cut it anymore, chief.

No comments: