Friday, September 03, 2004

GAME ON

60 days to go!

I thought Bush did a good job of giving his speech. I am sure that it is a very difficult thing to be President, and that Bush honestly does care about people. In fact, these last four years have been so traumatic for him [choking up, a tear appears...] I think he needs an extended vacation. Don't you?

I don't need to link to all the fact-checking that's going on, showing that Bush's speech was full of inaccuracies and omissions (the name "bin Laden" was mentioned exactly 0 times at the convention) but I will say this:

If you're running for re-election, and the bulk of your speech is talking about what you will do, you're in trouble.

"It's been a bumpy road, but we'll get through it together" won't cut it anymore, chief.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I couldn't watch last night. I had my fill and enough of vomitting after Cheney's speech on Wednesday.

Oddly enough, I thought Michael Moore put it best when he said that the "O" word hasn't been mentioned because that would be like admitting that they haven't caught him yet. Here's the article.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2004-08-31-moore_x.htm