Thursday, August 04, 2005

Helpful: The Irish

Lauren's latest post about her newfound Irish friends reminds me of a little story from when Indigo Steve was here for Lollapalooza:

We had lunch in a pub, right near my place. Our Irish bartender, Steven, overheard me saying that I liked bourbon, so he said, "ye gotta try the Baaaysil Haaayden." (Basil Hayden.) So he brought over this bottle to show us, but there was very little whiskey left.
I said, "There's not even a shot in there; what are you going to with that?"
He brings the bottle over, slams it down in front of me, slams a shot glass down with his other hand, and says in a voice that I will be imitating for the rest of my life,
"Fine, ya can fockin pour it yourself!"

That was some smooth bourbon.

2 comments:

me said...

How exciting, i've been linked to and made into a cuz story...! And I'm on the blog roll...next stop US weekly!

Anonymous said...

did I just spell KUZ wrong? must have been a gelato hangover moment...