Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Interesting: High roller

I cleaned up Monday in my poker league, and man do I have the bug. As I've mentioned before, we play two one-hour tournaments, recording the chip totals at the end of each round. I was up each round -- a first for me.

After the official game, about 8 of us stayed behind to play another tournament, and I ended up winning the whole thing. I've never pulled starting hands like that all in one night: AA twice, KK, AKsuit, AQ, JJ twice, TT, 99 - I was rolling. But not only that, I played aggressively, check-raised enough to really scare people, pulled a kickass bluff and I saw straight through another guy's bluff and took all his chips. I think it makes up for the first 4 weeks of losing...

So I think I might be in for another 8 weeks. Anyone else with me?

No comments: